From David Kadalie, Africa’s Leadership Director
Interns from Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Lesotho, Angola and Zimbabwe are currently attending a four week intern staff orientation school at the Youth for Christ Hodygos Training center in Okahandja, Namibia.
I facilitated the first week of training. On the first day I covered the Youth for Christ fundamentals like vision, mission, core values, G 21, strategic focus, operating principles, statement of faith, ministry outcomes, logo and motto, finances and general policies.
Other daily topics include leadership, pioneering, time management, creative thinking,team process roles, and staff screening and selection.
The group enjoyed videos and songs between sessions. Although very intense, it was a creative and fun time of investment in these young emerging leaders.
On one of the afternoons I worked through the National Program Self-review with the Namibian staff. This tool helps the National program in assessing, evaluating and progressing in the areas of National Prayer strategy; Ministry Models; Planning Mechanism; Staff and Care Development; Administration and Finances; Fundraising; Partnerships and Programming.
Praise and Prayer
- For a successful Namibian trip and for God’s continued presence with our interns as they complete the four weeks of training.
- David, Ravo (Madagascar) and Dickson (Rodrigues) as they are still trusting God for funding to get to the Youth for Christ worldwide General Assembly 2011 in the US. There is a need of $7500 USD.
- For Nirina and myself as we trust God for resources to continue pioneering work to Comoros and the Seychelles
- For the General Assembly team as they prepare for the General Assembly 2011 in Denver Colorado. Senior leaders from over 100 Nations will be meeting together from 25th September 2011.
- For my mentoring of Ravo to take over the Indian Ocean Islands role. We need quality time together as I seek to empower him for this position.