Ministering to the young people of the Wirral Peninsula, in North West England, Wirral Youth for Christ had a huge year in 2012, managing a significant impact. By the grace and faithfulness of God, 2013 promises even more:
- By Easter, 8 staff will be actively sharing the gospel relevantly with young people across the peninsula.
- Wirral YFC’s secondary schools team will continue to grow through the Pulse Network and more young people than ever will be given an opportunity to set up and run Pulse groups in their schools through the Pulse resource that the staff have pioneered.
- The Acorn Primary Schools project will run four major celebration events for kids called X:site and will have a greater impact on schools by increasing the volunteer base to over 20 local volunteers.
- The DARA (Drug, Alcohol, and Relationship Awareness) team will deliver more ‘Cherished’ courses, Romance Academies, Drug and Alcohol sessions, and self esteem lessons than in any other year and this month DARA is launching a new initiative called Future Stars which will help young people shine like stars in the sky (see Phil 2:12-18)
- The Wirral Youth Heroes Awards event will be even bigger than it was in February 2012; the team has exclusively booked the whole of the Floral Pavilion Theatre and Conference Centre for the 7th June 2013 and the nomination process opens on January 1st.
- Wirral YFC will also be re-branding and re-launching the E:merge course as ‘Mission Academy’ with a greater focus on word and deed mission. The aim will be to work long-term with a small number of young people who have the potential to lead their peers in missional endeavours.