Rome, Italy - Community Director
YouthCompass works with international middle and high school students living outside of their passport countries. These teens are a part of over 250,000 young people attending international schools around the world. Most schools these students attend have students from 50 different nations, offering a rich cross-cultural enviroment and an opportunity to connect with the world in one place.
YouthCompass seeks to address the unique needs of mobile teens by providing caring adult role models who assist them in navigating life. Through regular events, service projects and open dialog on faith and belief, we give students the opportunity to belong and to grow: a fun community to be who they are and the chance to determine who they want to be.
Our leaders walk with students, entering their world and loving them unconditionally – modeling respect, trust and friendship. These values reflect our commitment to Jesus Christ. We are able to be a true friend in the midst of cultural transition, coming alongside those that are often challenged with the difficult questions of adolescence in a cross-cultural and mobile environment.
YouthCompass encourages discussions regarding faith and its role in life. We are dedicated to exploring these subjects in a spirit of open dialog with students, caring for students regardless of their religious background or experience.
Through regular events and service projects, we give students the opportunity to celebrate life together in a fun, safe and supervised environment: we offer them a place to belong.
Rome, Italy – Community Director
Be a part of starting a new YouthCompass community, collaborating with a key English language church.
Duties include (partial list):
- Direct the YouthCompass outreach ministry at the middle school and high school levels. This includes contact work, Bible Study, one-on-one discipling, area-wide youth events, camps and work projects.
- Recruit, train, and supervise additional YouthCompass and/or volunteer staff (as applicable).
- Develop and/or ensure the maintenance of a local community support group. This community support group helps guide and support the YouthCompass effort and takes leadership in international community fund raising and public relations efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local Christian church leaders in the community and participate in church partnerships (as applicable).
- Represent YouthCompass to the community and, in conjunction with the local community support group, ensure effective PR with school officials, parents and others. Participate with the local community support group in local fundraising projects.
Required: Demonstrated success in meaningful rapport-building with teenagers; passion for vision and mission of YouthCompass; experience in development of appropriate youth programs; the recruitment and training of staff and volunteers; and the oversight/development of others in order to reach YouthCompass goals.
Preferred: Experience living overseas; three years of youth ministry or mentoring experience, bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Three year initial commitment. Some personal fundraising required.
YouthCompass is a ministry model within Youth for Christ International. After acceptance and approval of application, all potential staff are required to attend candidate orientation and evaluation for international placement.