From Abu S. Conteh, National Director of Sierra Leone Youth for Christ
Youth for Christ in Sierra Leone is thrilled to report that God is at work in the lives of young people, as evidence by the following:
- 18 young people made a decision to follow Jesus and will start discipleship next session.
- Bankole Williams, the leader of a ‘pote’ [ghettos/ camps/ cartels/ yards where marijuana is smoked] was raided by the police and arrested. During a phone conversation he pleaded with staff to take him to church so that he could be delivered as he is at a crossroads. Please pray for this interest to be genuine and for God to give him peace. If he, as the leader, is saved he can in turn influence many others.
- Eight young people in Port Loko who are mostly are from another faith have turned to Christ for salvation. Pray for their growth in the knowledge of God as they have started attending local churches.
- Additionally, Operation Hannah prayer rallies were held in different locations throughout Kenema, including the Local Unit Police Commander’s’ office. He was so moved that he has requested for it to be done on a monthly basis. Pray for the salvation of the police in Sierra Leone.
- New churches have been added in Kenema. The team is especially encouraged by the willingness of the women to come together and pray for the salvation of young people of this country in Bo, Blama and Freetown.
Youth for Christ in Sierra Leone wishes to thank God and all those who make it possible for them to serve the young people there. Please continue to pray for their ministry.