Because of You…
Since 1987, young people in different communities across Nigeria have been reached with the gospel of Jesus Christ through our ministry models such as schools and neighborhood clubs, hangouts, camp meetings, leadership seminars, workshops and various social involvements and interventions.
Currently, we work in ten communities in eight states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory, with offices in the following Cities: Akure (Ondo State), Asaba (Delta State), Agbara/Ijanikin and Lekki (Lagos State), Minna (Niger State), Owerre-Nkworji (Imo State) and Abuja (FCT). Re-pioneering work is ongoing in three Northern states of Kaduna, Nassarawa and Plateau. Plans are also in the works to pioneer Centres in Adamawa and Taraba States in the Northeast, Rivers and Bayelsa States in the South-South and Ebonyi in the South-East.
The National office is situated in Kubwa, Abuja. There are a total of eight full-time staff, four part-time staff and over 50 volunteers serving in various capacities in the ministry across the country.
Now, more than ever, Nigerian youth need the gospel and they must be groomed for leadership and excellence. The future of the nation depends greatly on the seeds sown in their lives now. Therefore, guided by the Youth for Christ vision, mission and strategic focus, we are positioned to reach out to the over 60 million young people in Nigeria with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ through:
- Evangelistic outreaches to schools, churches, hangouts and communities.
- Discipleship through our G21 clubs, coaching and mentoring programs.
- Social involvement and interventions such as Reading Advancement Programme (RAP) for students, Neighborhood Sanitation Projects and Project Serve/Explore missions.
- Creative team ministries like music, drama, choreography, dance, spoken word, etc.
- Prayer mobilization.
Our goals in the next three years are to strategically:
- Reach over one million youth for Christ with the gospel and take over 3,000 youth through a discipleship process.
- Invest in not less than 5,000 young people with life-skills that will help them reach their highest potential, thereby enhancing their ability to be employable or become employers of labour.
- Train and develop the leadership capacity of over 1,000 youths, so they can stand out as godly leaders in their schools, churches and communities.
- Establish and run 120 neighborhood and school-based G21 clubs across the country for the purposes of discipleship, social involvement and leadership development.
- Establish and equip at least one youth development and resource centre in each of the 12 states and Abuja.
- Mobilize at least 120 adults who will pray for young people and Youth for Christ across the country every week.
- Mobilize 3,000 financial partners who will give a minimum of $60 annually to Youth for Christ Nigeria.
- Strength and God’s wisdom for the workforce (Board, staff and volunteers).
- Revival in the lives of the young people in Nigeria who desperately need the touch of the Holy Spirit at this time in our nation’s history.
- Nigeria’s leaders and the people in governance.
- Provision of the required human and financial resources for ministry.
- Abundant provision and willingness for continual support by our partners.
- Open doors and favour as we work to re-pioneer inactive centres and pioneer new ones across the nation.
- Provision of project funds to enable the construction of the overdue National Training and Resource Centre at Aaye in Akure.