About Youth for Christ Namibia
There are a variety of ministries in cities and villages throughout the country. Current ministries include youth groups, school evangelism, abstinence training, youth camps, leadership camps, discipleship groups, and follow-up ministry.
We would like to see Youth for Christ become an effective partner with the local church, and to train up young leaders in churches and schools to have an impact in our nation.
As we all know, COVID-19 played a huge role in our ministries. We as a Namibian team did not sit back. We started to reach the young people via social media through various programs. We were so excited when the President announced that the lockdown had been lifted.
As for us, it meant face to face meetings with young people could begin again. We were ecstatic about this news as we had been looking forward to it for months. Our team, in their respective regions, started again to visit schools and work in the communities.
A great deal of our ministry is based on the pillars of the G21now vision statement: build a culture of evangelism and discipleship, a commitment to the Word of God, prayer and spiritual disciplines among young people who will lead by a Godly example and serve as a Catalyst for Change.
Our Operation Hannah mothers also play a big part in our ministry where they pray continuously for us as a team, young people and our nation!
- Godly wisdom and passionate leadership as we seek God’s heart for the lost youth
- Continued vibrant prayer cover for every move Youth for Christ makes in this country
- Mothers to earnestly pray with us for the youth of our nation
- Financial support to do all the ministries
- Building of positive relationships with churches
- Continued prayers for staff