About Youth for Christ Cyprus
Youth for Christ Cyprus in its current form was started in 2016. The ministry had originally started around 1949 but it died out. Being evangelical is a challenge as Greek Orthodoxy is the dominant religion in the country, and we face challenges every time we are asked who we are.
Cypriots are a very relational people, so reaching out to the youth in Cyprus before the pandemic was mostly through camps, island-wide youth events and day events.
COVID really restricted our relational ministries, as we were not allowed to socialize and meet new young people.
Coming out of COVID, we have restructured existing ministries, and started up new ministries.
Youth for Christ seeks to reach young people in Cyprus using the following ministries:
- Island-wide events
- Summer ministries
- Yearly summer camp
- Team building, training and discipleship for 15-18 year-olds
- Christmas Ball
- OneWay (for 12-19-year-olds in the Paphos area)
- The Brew (for 12-15-year-olds in the Limassol area)
- For the Holy Spirit to change the hearts of the people of Cyprus.
- For the local churches to rise up and stand united.
- For reconciliation with the north of the island which has been occupied by the Turks since 1974, and for the believers that live there.