About YFC Costa Rica
YFC Costa Rica, began in 2010 when Abner and Aimee from Canada visited and pioneered this amazing ministry.
We are doing most of our programs from an online platform. Through Zoom we are teaching English classes, doing discipleship, and walking along with 10 teen moms. COVID-19 has brought some significant changes to the way we do ministry. in some ways we’ve learned to adapt to the resources we have, and in other ways it’s been frustrating to have to be open to change every week or two, depending on what the government says.
Also we’ve learned that walking with youth does not depend on a building. It depends more on their need and our willingness and ability to be there for them. Our programs go from tutoring online, teaching classes, workshops for the moms and their babies, all the way to creating a secure community around teens who love surf and teaching them through relationships the real meaning of following Jesus.
We don’t know if COVID is going to be over anytime soon, that is why we are trying to build or rebuild programs that can run regardless of the pandemic or not.
Youth for Christ ministry in Costa Rica currently includes:
- Project serve – Short term mission trips to Heredia/San Jose
- Tutoring Program – Tutoring in schoolwork and discipleship kids from 4-15 years old in a community in social risk in Heredia.
- Sports Ministry ‘The Cage’ – Portable mini-soccer field.
- Partnership with Alpha Ministries – Discipleship for teenagers and young people at private and public schools.
- More volunteers
- For God to impact the lives of the kids so we can invest in their lives to change their eternities