The general responsibilities and purpose of the Regional Director (RD) of Latin America Southern Region is to collaborate with the Americas Area Director (AD) in the care, development, training, and unifying vision of the existing YFC ministries, and in the pioneering and establishment of new programs in countries where YFC does not have a presence in the Latin America Southern Region. The RD must develop these strategies while taking into account the contexts and particular differences and realities of their region and each country within, while still advancing a central vision of the mission and placing value on creating on collaborative working team environment within the YFCI family and greater context, with like-minded organizations, and with the local church.
The Latin America Southern Region includes:
- Argentina **
- Perú **
** Nations where YFC is not yet present.
The key responsibility of the Regional Director for Latin America Southern Region is to assist the Americas Area Director in establishing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the development and healthy growth of YFC ministry in their region.
- To stay current, up-to-date, informed, and knowledgeable on the region, including demographic, social, religious, and cultural matters. To use this knowledge in their work and relationships within the region and to be ready to share this information and any conclusions therein as needed within a local, regional or international context.
- To stimulate, encourage, assist and unify the ministry, testimony and vision of the national YFC programs within their region. This includes, and not limited to:
• Visiting each country as necessary.
• Assisting each nation in constructing and implementing a ministry strategy that incorporates local realities to best serve and walk alongside the youth of their nation.
• Assisting each country in developing and growing their financial resources, plans and strategies including fundraising and prayer partners and new strategic partnerships.
• Providing any training needed and requested by steering committees, boards, staff, volunteers, and youth leaders within each nation.
- To use and implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools in developing each nation in the region, taking into account each ministry’s specifics in a spirit of prayer and collaboration.
- To work in partnership with National Boards in the development and implementation of any leadership changes so as to guarantee continued health in different local chapters within the nation.
- To pioneer and develop YFCI ministries in new nations in the region. This will include, but not be limited to:
• Encouraging and fostering partnerships between the established and the emerging nations with a vision to see YFC ministry birthed in the new location according to its local context and needs.
• Identifying, coaching and envisioning mission and financial partners to stand, pray and come alongside the emergent nations as they grow their program and ministries.
• Assessing potential partnerships outside of YFC like churches, agencies and other potential supporters that may contribute and help in the pioneering process in the nation.
• Assisting in the development of National Boards, supervising their early growth, and leading in the appointing of aNational Director.
- To initiate and coordinate region-wide YFC activities, such as:
• Regional Councils
• Training Events
• Staff Conferences
General Job Requirements:
The individual assigned to this role must be a person of mature Christian character, an experienced leader, with a clear understanding of the Latin America Southern Region and in agreement the Vision, Mission, Strategic Plan, and Statement of Faith of Youth for Christ International.
Bachelor’s degree and fluency in both Spanish and English are required.
As a non-profit ministry and organzation, personal fundraising is required to cover salary needs.
To obtain more information about this position, please refer to the attached PDF Job Description.
Click here to express your interest in the position and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you for your interest!