May I please share the great news that I just received from Gitega? Your support is making a huge impact in Burundi. Leaders are being made. Burundi will never be the same again. Thanks a million.
On the morning of December 15, at 11:00am, was the deliberation session on the best student’s poem of the whole Gitega high schools including Gitega International Academy.
- Over 100 candidates were present
- The guest of honour was Her Excellence the Ambassador for the USA in Burundi
- Also present were the Burundian Minister of Youth, Sport and Culture; the Governor of Gitega Province and many others.
- The theme of the day was “Martin Luther King Memorial Poetry”
- The Organiser was The American Embassy via the American Corner in Gitega.
Finally, Gitega student Miss Keren Korineza from Grade 10B was the winner of the competition. Her poem was “I have a Vision,” about peace in the world.
Included are several pictures of the day and the GIA team of students who represented GIA with their teachers Opondo Benjamin and Stephen Gumisiriza.
Acting Headmaster of GIA