From Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Area Director
In Guinea Bissau, we are very happy to report that God is doing amazing things and touching the lives of hundreds of young people. With the Youth Center ministry, they have been able to carry out the following activities and programs:
- Evangelistic Language Courses (English and French)
- Evangelistic Computer Courses
- Evangelistic Sports activities (basketball, tennis, and foots loom)
- Recording studio
- a Centre to help vulnerable children and adults
- and a Guest house
With these activities, they are able to sustain the running of the centre. They also run children and teenagers’ holiday activities and staff members’ fellowship.
Apart from the sporting and music activities, they are able to reach out to 974 young people on a weekly basis through their typing, computer, and English and French class programs. What is amazing is the fact that most of the young people who come to the centre are non- Christians. Once they get to hear the gospel and start attending local churches, many give their lives to God eventually.
There are 30 staff members working in these programs. Here is a breakdown of the number of young people we contacted as a result of our ministry:
- 1,613 – Typing course – Concluded course
- 545 – Computer course – Concluded course
- 795 – English classes – Concluded course
- 221 – French course – Concluded course
- 21 – Recording studios